Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Any tips for Mega Medicham? I've been trying to use M-Gardevoir, Lugia, something I forgot, and another thing. I tried using a D-Delay once, but it didn't help much and I ended up just wasting coins.
DD, Moves +5, and Mega Start is normally enough to take care of Mega Medicham. The issue is that it has over 33k HP and you want to be able to maximise your damage output per turn over the 27 turns.

Also I wouldn't use Mega Gardevoir for Mega Medicham, use Mega Slowbro or Mega Mewtwo Y instead. Mega Gardevoir's issue is that row clears tend to kill combinations (and bottom (three) row clears almost never create combinations) and in turn-based stages, you want to be able to combo as long as the game allows you to, which Mega Slowbro and Mega Mewtwo Y help promote.

DD, Moves +5, and Mega Start is normally enough to take care of Mega Medicham. The issue is that it has over 33k HP and you want to be able to maximise your damage output per turn over the 27 turns.

Also I wouldn't use Mega Gardevoir for Mega Medicham, use Mega Slowbro or Mega Mewtwo Y instead. Mega Gardevoir's issue is that row clears tend to kill combinations (and bottom (three) row clears almost never create combinations) and in turn-based stages, you want to be able to combo as long as the game allows you to, which Mega Slowbro and Mega Mewtwo Y help promote.
I was using M-Gardevoir because it helps to clear out the disruptions without items. I'll probably use Mewtwo when I use the items you recommend.

What's your goal? Just beating it, or S-ranking it? If the latter, I think I went M-Mewtwo, Victini, Lugia and Salamence (all MAXed) with DD, Mega Start, and Moves+5. It's a tremendous damage race, with you having to tear through 32k health in 22 moves (that's more than twice the health of Ampharos, with less than half the moves). S-ranking it requires you to be done in 11 moves, so Moves+5 is almost entirely necessary.

If it's just beating the stage, you can probably choose to leave out Mega Start or Moves+5.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just managed to score around 50k on a full item run against mega steelix so I guess I secured a megaspeedup, also got Latios to level 200 while catching both Thundurus and Machamp on the last day. Sadly that has depleted all my available coins to a meager 6k which was kind of expected.

On mobile only reached level 150 with Latias due to my phone's battery reaching the end of it's lifetime and not charging properly while it's on. Managed to catch Victini so I might give it a last try against Mega Luke for the megaspeedup, also caught thundurus and machamp over there before checking what the new update will bring us.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
FINALLY A SECOND CHANCE TO GET A PHIONE I THINK!

Anyhow, Dialga and Palkia are back and Landorus' once a day challenge is here. Also Landorus' challenge is timed. Yay. At least I got it at 28% in a Great Ball. It is a Base 80 Ground-type with Power of 5+ (the other two are base 70). At least it is actually useful I guess.

EDIT: Also we are getting events for Garchompite, Mewtwo, and Regigigas (Base 90 Normal-type with Hyper Punch) soon.

Regigigas comes after another set of Regi trio events and is our second Ultra Challenge (Arceus was first).

I also got Steelixite. Yay...

Last edited:
Just letting you guys know. It won't be today. It won't be tomorrow. But sometime in the next couple weeks, your bodies will all be Regi. Regigigas is coming.

Palkia, Dialga and Old Safari (Gible, Gabite, Garchomp, Staryu, Starmie, Furfrou and Phione) return ... Ok nothing exciting for me !

Caught Demeteros in a first try with 22% (luuuucky)

Got Steelixite

--> That means that I have one week to farm gold and exp :D

Landorus's stage starts with 2 rock columns second from the left and right. Seem to be the type to drop icons in to match themselves if you make a horizontal match to remove them.

Definitely recommend ATK+ for it. Landorus seems beefy, and being Base 80, is definitely worth trying to get for Electric opponents.

After Arceus, I'm not sure how eager I am for Regigigas after that. Still, another Base 90 for Arceus teams is gonna be neat, though I'm most curious about the Mewtwo event.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
After Arceus, I'm not sure how eager I am for Regigigas after that. Still, another Base 90 for Arceus teams is gonna be neat, though I'm most curious about the Mewtwo event.
Apparently it is a special stage that allows you to use items without spending coins and it has a 100% catch rate to commemorate 5 million downloads.

All those coins invested into catching Mewtwo in that Expert Stage only to find out you can get one for free... At least it will help out the newer players getting such a good Mega Evolution!

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So... this thread has reached 50 pages.

Just to make sure you're all nice to another and all, I've paid close attention and read every post. Mod duties, y'know.

I still don't have a damn idea what this game is all about.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Don't think there'll ever be that many people from smogon playing this to start bitching in the thread anytime soon. Maybe on reddit not here.
Back on topic I found phione on my third trip to the safari, sadly this happened on 3DS where I already had that little devil but hopefully I'll catch everything on mobile.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Just when you think mobile couldn't be even shittier, the new version (which you're forced to update to to keep playing) crashes randomly costing you hearts in the process. Very well done GS such geniuses.

I can't beat M-Gengar.
Does anyone have tips for M-Gengar?
Use mega sableye, disruption delay also really helps you get an early-game momentum. Haunter is also a very helpful option as it is one of the stage's disruption so you can actually make use of it. Super-effective mons such as Mismagius help for good damage. Evolving mega-sableye takes a long time so focus on him. Mega Slowbro is also good as it has barrier bash, faster mega evolution, and a terrific mega power.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Events for this new update:

Shaymin Commemorative stage, Free Jewel for winning
Keldeo Resolute Escalation Battle (Turn-based (16 Turns), Base 60 Fighting type w/ Power of 4+)
New Main Stages, starting with Inkay
New Expert Challenges involving Luxray

I will edit this post with more data when a pastebin comes out I suppose.

I also got a Garchompite. Whee.

EDIT:
Inkay: Base 40 Dark-type w/ Mega Boost+.
Chimchar: Base 50 Fire-type w/ Prank.
Skiddo: Base 50 Grass-type w/ Barrier Bash.
Monferno: Base 60 Fire-type w/ Swap.
Joltik: Base 50 Bug-type w/ Mega Boost.
Gogoat: Base 70 Grass-type w/ Quirky+.
Loudred: Base 50 Normal-type w/ Spookify.
Galvantula: Base 60 Bug-type w/ Paralyse.
Exploud: Base 60 Normal-type w/ Eject+.
Deoxys-N: Base 80 Psychic-type w/ Swap+.
Luxray (Expert): Base 70 Electric-type w/ Cloud Clear+.
Malamar (Expert): Base 70 Dark-type w/ Quirky+.

DOUBLE EDIT:
Mega Heracross is apparently broken in that it takes forever to evolve and whatnot. Emergency patch tomorrow anyone?

Last edited:
Thanks for the informations !
Caught Keldeo at level 5 !
Got a Jewel for Garchompite (already have this stone)

I still have to S-rank this f**king Roserade :(

For Keldeo rewards :
At Level 25 it gives 1000 coins, Level 30 a Mega Speedup, Level 40 1000 coins, Level 50 a Mega Speedup, Level 60 1,000 coins, Level 70 a Disruption Delay, Level 80 an Attack Power , Level 90 1,000 Coins and Level 100 a Mega Speedup

And probably more after level 100 ?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Some notes in addition to those two posts above:

Keldeo's Escalation battle offers prizes up to Stage 300. Prizes in the below hide:
Prize for first beating level 25: 1000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 30: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 40: 1000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 50: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 60: 1000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 70: 1 Disruption Delay
Prize for first beating level 80: 1 Attack Power ↑
Prize for first beating level 90: 1000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 100: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 125: 2000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 150: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 175: 2000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 200: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 250: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 300: 2 Mega Speedup

Have fun if you want all eight Speedups hahaha

Next Monday, we are getting a High Speed challenge for Talonflame (Base 60 Fire-type w/ Block Smash+).

We are also getting a Safari next Monday with the Pokémon w/ percentages in the following hide:
Roggenrola (27%): Base 40 Rock-type w/ Last-Ditch Effort.
Boldore (15%): Base 50 Rock-type w/ Heavy Hitter.
Gigalith (3%): Base 70 Rock-type w/ Block Smash+.
Fletchling (28%): Base 40 Flying-type w/ Counterattack.
Fletchinder (10%): Base 50 Fire-type w/ Swap+.
Numel (15%): Base 50 Ground-type w/ Burn.
Camerupt (2%): Base 70 Ground-type w/ Power of 4.

Finally next Tuesday, we get a Tornadus re-run and a Mega Swampert competition, mega data in the following hide:
Mega Swampert, Water, Base 70, Dex #97
Ability: Erases Pokémon (max 3) of the same type as Mega Swampert.
Mega-Bar: 12 icons, 3 speedups available

So basically a Water-type Mega Blaziken. Yay...?

All next week updates end on a Tuesday so Tuesday patches are still a thing I guess...

Wow, so many news ! For Safari, we could use Ground + Mega Gar (F*** Fletchling :)) Thanks !!

I don't know how Keldeo Excalation will be hard ... Currently level 16

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Keldeo will probably be Hell after some point, perhaps this is meant to encourage purchasing the improvements from the special shop? The 1 heart/15 minutes for 24 hours seems the better one overall specially for this kind of grinding if you can dedicate at least 1 day to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)